So years and years ago, when blogging was a huge fad, and everyone blogged and commented on each others’ posts, called one another up just to remind them to read and comment, and tagged tagged and tagged…I was tagged in a random post about ten weird things about myself.
For reasons unknown, or perhaps well thought out, I never bothered going ahead with that particular tag. But since this blog really seems to have no quality control anymore, and I am just that bored in office, here are ten quirks about me, that perhaps you might have been better off not knowing at all.
- I have a weird thing for symmetry. Be it clips on my bulletin board, the justification tab on MS Word, sleeves of my shirt, a drawing, a poem anything. It has to have some level of symmetry in it. It throws me completely off, and I can concentrate on nothing else till I achieve symmetry in whatever is there before me, in a weird-ass pattern. And well, sometimes the colours matter as well. The darker colours in the middle, the lighters outside, make it a rather balanced pattern.
- However, when it comes to geography, I dearly believe that things should NEVER be symmetrical. It isn’t humanly possible to remember the way if things look the same left to right, and right to left! Connaught Place will always remain a pure untamed wonder to me!
- I am a stationery freak. No explanation required. Paper clips to pens to notebooks to….oh…my favourite….Post Its…. SIGH.
- I’m an organized mess. HUH?? Well. I’m not a very clean person. There will be clothes and stuff everywhere in my room. BUT, in my head, there is some pattern to it, and I will NOT stand you messing around with my mess!
- I absolutely absolutely cannot stand anyone brushing my eyebrows in the opposite direction. I will literally punch the person who dares to do this. To me its comparable to others hating nails on the blackboard, or some other quirkier people hating two thermocol pieces rubbed against each other :P :P :P
- I have a weird habit of randomly whistling while working or thinking about something. Not a big deal right? EXCEPT, I’m usually working or thinking in the middle of a very quiet class room or an office meeting. NOT cool.
- I can talk and talk and talk when I’m with guys. Not so much with girls. Still haven’t figured that one out L
- Men’s perfume. Hmmmm…
- I go through weird phases when it comes to emotions. There were years in between when I genuinely couldn’t get myself to cry, even though I was well aware of the fact that the situation demanded it. And then there were these two years, when the waterworks worked overtime, and anything from a Shah Rukh Khan movie, a low pay check, to even a Tom and Jerry cartoon made me cry. Embarrassed much? Duh.
I’m still thinking about point 10. As it turns out, I’m not weird and quirky enough to have ten points.