Saturday, November 20, 2010

Of Hope and Vibes

Hope and Vibes.

Two things I’m not necessarily known for talking about.

But there are times the two terms hit you, by their excessive presence, or mere absence.

I’m not necessarily a person who judges people fast or easy, and I have been known to make mistakes before. I personally feel I end up being so indifferent to people around me for so long, that by the end of it, it really just depends on whether they’ve still stuck around or not, and my judgement just chills and pretends to blow smoke rings in some dusty corner of my brain.

If that makes any sense at all.

And it’s the same when it comes to places, opportunities, things. It takes time for a like or dislike to register in my head, until something really pleases me, or manages to push all the wrong buttons at the same time. A hypothetical example perhaps would be asking me to take an auto to a place where no auto ever agrees to go, sit in an extremely hot room, with someone who has a total library of one topic to talk about, and eat vegetarian food….Immediate dislike. On the other hand, if you pick me up in a nice AC car to a nice place with continental chicken and talk about Media and the world, and of course, wear a good perfume…well...Get the drift?

But recently, in a span of two days, I’ve felt them…those eerie things called…vibes.

I went to a place which seemed perfect to me, something I’d dreamt about for quite some time, and finally got the opportunity to visit…and I disliked it…for no logical reason on this planet. Everything was there exactly the way I’d imagined it…and yet things just didn’t seem right. I couldn’t wait to get out of there. And I don’t feel like ever going back. Only one explanation in my head…vibes.

And the very next day, I forced myself to get out of bed and go to yet another place, out of obligation to someone, and basic logic. And I entered the building. It was a mess. Chaos redefined. Crowded, dirty, unorganized, unfriendly. And I couldn’t stop smiling. It just seemed perfect. It was all there…the vibes.

And all this weirdly gave me another thing I don’t usually believe in…hope.

Because somewhere, I think, God’s looking down at me and chuckling to himself (herself?!).

Completely enjoying giving me a taste of my supposedly preferred medicine.

Because if God is half as twisted as I believe him (her?) to be...


It's going to be one helluva life!!! :D :D :D

No comments: