Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sugar and Spice...and Some Things Nice!

In a desperate effort to dispel the myth that I’m the most negative and pessimistic person on the planet, who only cribs and whines about everything in life, I sit in front of my laptop today, trying to put together a list of the most amazingly awesome things that have happened in my life over the past year or two.

So…here’s me …trying to be positive:

I got through the one committee in college I had always wanted to.
I moved into a hostel I loved.
I got to know Grumpo, Slim-Boy-Fat and Pappu.
I had THE most amazing 22nd birthday ever!
I checked off the entire list of five star hotels in Ahmedabad.
I fell head over heels in love with Media.
I landed a job.
I got rid of Airtel.
I’ve had fun in Mumbai, I’ve met new people, I’ve eaten and danced to my heart’s content.
I shopped alone for the first time in my life.
I shopped.
A lot.
I realized TAM is a rare skill.
One I'm believed to possess.
My crazy roomie left.
And I love my current roomie.
Even though I barely see her.
I finally fell in love with a baby
The cutest thing on the planet
And I just can’t get enough of him!
I realized the importance of old friends.
And I try to stay in touch.
I learnt that I can actually survive absolutely alone.
And sometimes I can’t.
I fell in love with Delhi all over again.
I romanced winters.
I missed winters.
I learnt patience.
I learnt the importance of geeks.
I found the geek in myself.
I found myself.
I realized that my confidence can have an ego.
And it can get scared.
Rather easily.
I realized that I can fight.
Though sometimes I need a reminder.
And someone to remind me.
I realized life can be very good indeed.
Even if conditions apply.
In tiny font.




P.S. And Oh!!!! I have the most amazingly curly hair suddenly...on their own accord!!!!

2 comments:

RB said...

This was nice.

Atrisa said...

hehe cute :) little joys make one big hamper!