Friday, June 01, 2007

Paradise Gained

Everyone has a favourite place…. That place that is almost paradise…. Which gives you satisfaction, happiness, peace, a rush, calmness…all at the same time. And when you’re there, time comes to a standstill, and nothing other than the avalanche of conflicting emotions matters anymore. This place could be anywhere, a specific spot in the city, a park, a coffee shop, or even your own room. Everyone needs such a place – an escape from the rest of the world.

I get my thrills from the wind. I know it sounds weird, but just the feeling of something hitting hard against my face, blows away all my troubles and worries. So I love sitting at the terraces of high buildings, or opening the window of the car while driving at top speed through the city in the middle of the night.

It’s the only time when I love being alone. Standing near the ledge of the terrace, looking at the world below me…the one time I realize that I don’t really need anybody. Thinking of people who have hurt me makes me smile. But at such times, I have nothing against any of them. None of it seems important anymore. All that matters is that beautiful feeling that slowly spreads throughout my body, and more importantly, through my mind. It’s the most amazing experience in the world. A natural high. Nothing other than that moment matters.

I was warned by my friend yet again about my goals in life. He said it gets lonely at the top. I stood at the ledge, cell switched off, arms spread wide, as that beautiful wind stroked and kissed every inch of my body…and I smiled.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the last page of The Foutainhead, Roark standing on the top of Wynand Towers as the wind rushes through him, his idea towering below him.

Comfort comes to us in the most strangest of places. We wouldn't have valued comfort had those places been common :)

RB said...

I have an idea - we should combine our blogs into one. Seriously. How can there be SO much similarity, dude???

RB said...

Really! Loved the post because I was reading my mind in it. :-)

Silver Mist said...

Oh that sounds soooo cool! Standing at the very top, the wind talking to you, telling you all you'll evwer need to know. Wow!

The sad part is I don't have a place. :(

Jayant said...

I agree with Richa - I as reading my mind in it. Love the description of what the place does to your body and soul.
Although, it's not just one kind of place for me. For me, it could e anything from a windy beach to a quiet spot under a tree to a crowded street where you see the world pass you by and despite the sheer ugliness of your surroundings, you can't help but wonder how beautiful everything around you is.
I guess, it's more about a particular moment than a particular place.

Jayant said...

Forgive me for the typos. :( It's been happening a lot lately.

Shreya said...

@ Dhruv - I still havent finished fountainhead...so....ssshhhhh!!!

@ Richa - Thanx! We do tend to have extremely similar (Read: identical) choices dont we???)

@ Ishani - I'm quite sure u have a place....u probably just havent noticed it yet!!

@ Jayant - Ur probably right.... the timing can make a huge amount of differences....but at least for me, whatever the moment, i know il forget about all my worries if I'm in my place....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

looking at the world below me…the one time I realize that I don’t really need anybody. Thinking of people who have hurt me makes me smile. But at such times, I have nothing against any of them. None of it seems important anymore. All that matters is that beautiful feeling that slowly spreads throughout my body, and more importantly, through my mind. It’s the most amazing experience in the world. A natural high. Nothing other than that moment matters.

Those moments.. when we re simply standing, observing and smiling... Blissful moments of peace and self assurance.

I also tend to agree with Jayant - its more a "moment" thing. It can happen to you in the most crowded places. When you re sitting, surrounded by a group of friends, and your thoughts just float away... Although that can be rude sometimes :P

Hemant

p.s. I used Orky tags to italicize some tag which dint work in the previous comment.. :|

p.p.s : This word verification is too tough to read :|

Unknown said...

p.p.p.s : Update?

Anonymous said...

i kno u wont believe me but yeah..cant agree wit u mre.. i neva thot we wud have a thing this big in common.. way to go.